Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A la Montreal

Humidity aside...

The big news *drum roll please* is that the Girlfriend and I have made the one year mark. Doesn't feel like a year but at the same time it feels like a long time ago as my head space was a lot different then.

We decided to celebrate by going to Montreal. And had a blast. I have never really spent time in Montreal that I could enjoy. I love going to Quebec as it feels like I'm in Europe especially when visiting old Montreal or old Quebec City. I definitely want to make it more of a regular thing. And I have to thank the girlfriend for let me indulge in some inane things like going to Schwartz's (I didn't know it would take so long! - I might want to go back if we go again, but next time we know better), going to St-Viateur and going to Lachine. Aside from the crack whore taking a puff in front of us, I think I enjoyed Vieux-Montreal the most as well as Quartier Latin. The St. Lawrence River tour and the walk around Mont-Royal was nice. Though next time there probably won't be a need to do so much touristy stuff and can't do some partying and relaxing by Lac aux Castors. I'm already thinking about the next trip.

Anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Thanks for bringing fun back into my life. I can honestly say it's been one of the best years of my life.

1 comment:

Lady Canyonero said...

Thanks Boyfriend!! Might I suggest we go back to Montreal in the fall instead of going to the Gonk? (They might have my shoes by then..tee hee)